Saturday 18 October 2014

Christmas Card Club Challenge #22 Christmas Reindeer

Hi Everyone,
Yay! the weekend has arrived, it's been such a busy week I'm glad that Saturday is here and I can slow down a bit. It's also time for another Christmas Card challenge too and today it is Rita's turn to choose a theme and she came up with 'Christmas Reindeers'.
I have chosen this cute stamp called 'Peeking Rudolphs' and unusually for me a CAS card.

 Recipe
A6 card blank
Peeking Rudolphs wood stamp
Promarkers
Crafts Too 'Snow' embossing folder
Crafters Companion sentiment stamp 
Dotty Ribbon
I do like to give myself a challenge now and again and this CAS card was most certainly a challenge. I have always found them difficult to do, I just want to keep putting more on it, I can't seem to be comfortable leaving the open spaces alone on the card. Now I've seen many beautiful CAS cards on the internet and they look fine with very little on them but when I do it, it just doesn't look right. But that said, I am quite happy with how this has turned out now.
Challenges
Addicted To Stamps - #89 Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap - #29 Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - #40 Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - #88 Christmas In October
Diva's By Design - Texture
Cute Card Thursday - #343 One layer Card
Sister Act - #79 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - #53 Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper - Halloween/Christmas
Penny Black & More - Get Ahead For Christmas
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Animals
Little Claire's Designs - #50 Christmas Theme
CHNC Christmas Extra - October Challenge
CHNC Challenge Saturday - Use something forgotten of never used (New Stamp)
Please check out the other CCC members blogs, list in tab above, there will be some great inspiration for your Christmas card makes there but also do remember that I am a day early posting my entry so theirs won't be until tomorrow.
See you tomorrow,
Lorraine

37 comments:

MaryH said...

Hi Lorraine, Just popped over to say Thanks for becoming my latest follower & saw your darling Reindeer card. Really like the way you've handled triple squares with this very cute image. It is very CAS & you did a fantastic job with that technique. The embossing on the white background is so very pretty with the dotted red ribbon too. (I've not even started on my card for Sunday as yet!) TFS & Hugs.

Rita said...

Beautiful card Lorraine. I love those cute reindeer and the spotted ribbon gives a lovely touch. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, adorable image, wonderful colouring and fabulous CAS design.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab colours and details.xxx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine. I love the reindeer stamp...need the reindeer stamp!!
I see I've missed some gorgeous cards this week, those halloween treat bags look fantastic!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

Carol said...

Love this Lorraine, the stamps are gorgeous and your embossed background sets them off perfectly. Carol x

Linda Levoir said...

Super cute card, love those reindeer, they did make me smile. The embossed card and dotty red ribbon are just the perfect accents for this fabulous card! :) xx

Lizzy Smith said...

Oh I love this card! And I love the stamp too, it is so cute! I struggle with CAS too, cant leave it alone.
xoxo Lizzy

Christine Harrop said...

Love your fun reindeer card Lorraine. The dotty ribbon and dotty background look great. Hugs Christine xx

Tracy said...

Oh I love this! Those reindeer are so cute and you did a lovely job with the CAS design. Hugs!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, love the very cute reindeer's and fab design.

Donna x

rachel said...

so very cute Rainey - Love those stamps and the CAS treatment is brilliant. Thanks for your support too - I really appreciate it - hugs rachel x

Carol S. said...

I feel the same as you doing CAS cards. However, your card is brilliant. Love the fun images and the ribbon is just perfect. Hugs, Carol S.xx

brenda said...

A lovely bright and cheery Christmas card Rainey.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Loopylou. said...

too cute! love that embossing!!
thank you for playing with us over on the divas by design challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Planetsusie said...

This is beautiful Lorraine, I'm the same with CAS cards myself so I understand. This is just right and those cheeky reindeer are toooo cute!

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rita
Fabulous image... Stunning card.... I am the same love other peoples CASE cards but never like my own....
Hugs Sylvie xx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Lorraine, love the reindeer images and your CAS style, hugs Kate x

dutchess said...

no wonder you arepleased with it Lorraine its got everything....fun and simplicity,fab colours yep its a keeper! xxxxx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my! This is a beautiful CAS card. I have that stamp too but I think I have only ever used it once. Shame on me as it is a really cute stamp. hugs Mrs A. (Valery).

Sue said...

Loveeeeeeeee this Lorraine its really gorgeous!!! huggles Sue xx

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.gorgeous design and i love the cute reindeers :D

xx coops xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the embossing and fun images,gorgeous ribbon and I agree about seeing others CAS cards and think I can do that then when you do it never looks right lol
Carol x

Anonymous said...

haha, the reindeer are adorable! i love the textured background, the CAS layout and the pop of red ribbon. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

scrappymo! said...

I think you obtained the perfect balance for a CAS card. The image looks great on your embossed card background too!

Gina's Cards said...

OMG Lorraine you did a fabulous job of this CAS style card! Love the cute reindeer and the added touch of red.
Hugs
Gina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine I love this fabulous card those reindeer are such fun looking, I love the clean and simple design the embossed card base and red ribbon finishes this off perfectly.
hugs
Lorraine x

Gaynor said...

Super clean cute card......lovely! Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge xxGaynor LCDT

Karen Petitt said...

Love it! That stamp is super cute and the whole card is gorgeous! You've coloured those reindeer beautifully too. Love everything about it Karen x

Hazel said...

What cheeky little reindeer - so cute - lovely card for Rita's CCC challenge and thanks also for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you there again soon. x

Cara said...

A D O R A B L E!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers hugs Tania (DT) xx

Sol said...

Ah... these reindeers are super-cute!!.. Beautiful and Fun Christmas card!!.. I love it!!.. FAB dry embossing too that looks like snow!!.. Great Coloring!!
Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at ATSC! Hugs Sol

Peanut said...

LOL oh i do love those peeping reindeers. they are adorable, Lorraine!
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining LC challenge! Francy

Unknown said...

Ahhh love this super cute Debbs xx