Monday 9 December 2013

I'm Back !


Phew, it's been a busy 2 weeks. I've been beavering away in my craft room almost non stop since my last post trying to finish everything on an ever increasing list of Christmas cards, commissioned cards, and a Christening album. The latter is what I would like to share with you today. The Christening was yesterday so I can safely show pictures now.
Just a warning, there are quite a few....
The front cover

The album was made from chipboard and all the pages were covered with papers from the 'First Edition - Up, Up & Away' 8 x 8  pad.
I used silk ribbon and heart buttons for the binding and the flair button came in a set from 36 Shades of Flair .

I did some fussy cutting and made a raised photo frame.
 
Inside front cover has a pocket and gift tag.
First page has a verse
Next page - I've fuzzed out the name and details
Space for a photo, it just tucks under at the corners
Space for photo and journaling
Page for Godparents
Page for family photo
Page for guests photo
more photo's and journaling
Name banner and more photo's
Verse and inside back cover and pocket
Back cover
 
I was really pleased with how this turned out, it's only the second mini album I have made and I learnt a lot from the first one which made this one a little easier.
Well I will be back tomorrow to share some of the Christmas cards that I have been creating and maybe enter them in a challenge or two.
TTFN,
 
Lorraine
 
 

3 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Oh this will be treasured Lorraine! What a lovely idea and it looks absolutely gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely album, a keepsake for ever

Linda Levoir said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lorraine, such a lot of work in this, I'm sure it will be treasured :) xx